Monday, August 4, 2008

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

I loved the other Mummy movies. I know they're crazy cheesy, but I've never been ashamed to admit I like some cheese.

This movie goes way far and beyond cheese.

The script is not good. They try so hard for a laugh. But not in a funny way.

"The yak yakked!"

I wanted to give this at least a three based on Michell Yeoh alone. She is awesome in everything. But even she couldn't save this movie.

I thought I'd be okay with the setting not being Egypt, but I was wrong. I think that's part of what I liked about the other two. There's not a lot of films out there being made in Egypt. China, though . . . there's tons of those.

Doll fell asleep in the first thirty minutes. Usually, I can't believe she does that. But with this one, I totally understood.

No comments: